Sunday, December 04, 2005

Fireside Studying

It snowed this morning which always makes me feel happy. Snow makes the world look clean and neat, at least for a little while. Usually I would have given in to the urge to spend some time outside, but today I settled for shoveling the driveway and going to get a haircut. With my one week old daughter E. to take care of and law school finals looming I had good reason to stay inside.
So I made a fire, sat on my couch, put my feet up, and read about Professional Responsibility. The afternoon would have been more satisfying if I had been reading something meatier like Property or Constitutional Law, but as the Stones say, "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well you just might find, you get what you need." Being able to take a break from studying to soothe E. to sleep was just what I needed to make this afternoon pretty great.

No comments: